Hydrafacial – What It Can Do For Your Skin
If there is anything that your skin needs right now, it’s the Hydrafacial. This technology based and unique treatment is the next generation version of the microdermabrasion. What makes it unique is that it is gentle yet powerful enough to see immediate results without the downtime usually associated with such treatments.
Here are the top five reasons why you should have a Hydrafacial:
- Glowing skin – The Hydrafacial is the ideal treatment to get that photo-ready glow to the skin. The treatment gently lifts dirt, oil and impurities from the skin leaving it luminous and fresh. You can walk in with dull skin and leave with brighter and glowing skin.
- Pore refinement – Enlarged pores are given the opportunity to shrink down and appear more refined as the Hydrafacial lifts and unclog built-up congestion.
- Hydration – Just as the name suggests, the Hydrafacial delivers essential moisturisers, vitamins and peptides to the skin contributing to its overall health and adding that essential hydration.
- Get rid of blackheads – There is no longer the need to squeeze pesky blackheads. The Hydrafacial uses Vortex Technology to lift blackheads and whiteheads from the skin surface. Just like a mini vacuum cleaner, surface impurities are essentially lifted off the skin.
- No downtime, immediate results – The Hydrafacial is very gentle even on sensitive skin types so there is virtually no downtime. The treatment takes approximately 40 minutes and is a perfect lunchtime treat. Results can be seen immediately.
What is the Hydrafacial?
Hydrafacial is the only treatment in the market that uses patented technology to cleanse, exfoliate, extract and hydrate the skin simultaneously. Considered one of the best non-invasive skin resurfacing facial treatments currently available, immediate visible results are possible and an instant glow to the skin.
The Hydrafacial is performed in three steps. Using Vortex Fusion technology, the Hydrafacial gently cleanses and exfoliates skin – removing surface dirt and exfoliating dead skin cells. Dull skin instantly looks brighter and cleaner in just this first step. The Hydrafacial works by gently resurfacing the skin using a patented tip and hand piece. Working similar to a mini vacuum cleaner, clogged pores are extracted working to decongest the area. Skin impurities, blackheads and white heads are removed during this process. Finally, as the skin is free from congestion, essential vitamins and peptides are infused back into the skin, leaving it plump and hydrated.
What is it good for?
The Hydrafacial is the ideal treatment for all skin types as it is gentle on sensitive skin but powerful enough to effect change not only on the surface but the overall health of the skin. Whilst treating the surface of the skin, the Hydrafacial triggers cell renewal in the deeper layers of the skin, resulting in youthful looking skin. The treatment is recommended for patients looking to see improvement in the following areas:
- Enlarged pores
- Pigmentation: sun spots, age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne, congested skin
- Skin texture
- Dull, uneven skin tone
Regular treatments every 3-4 weeks apart is recommended in order to maximise the results from the Hydrafacial treatment. The treatment can be done on the face, neck and decolletage. The treatment may also be done on the upper back for patients experiencing acne or congestion in this area. Use of vitamin infused after care products and sun protection is essential to maintain the results from the treatment.
What to expect during your Hydrafacial treatment
Prior to your first Hydrafacial treatment, your dermal therapist will conduct a thorough consultation to find out your skin concerns and goals. Your skin is prepped with a manual cleanse followed by the 3-steps of the Hydrafacial treatment. First, the skin is exfoliated using a patented tip. Surface dirt and oils are removed as the tip is passed over the full face whilst a serum is simultaneously applied to aid in cleansing the skin. A gentle peel is then applied to the skin to further remove dead skin cells and help in opening up the pores. Pores are then extracted using a slow and exact motion over the skin’s most congested areas. Finally, the skin is rehydrated using a combination of peptides and hyaluronic acid serum. The Hydrafacial is completely comfortable and there is no pain expected from the treatment. To further enhance the benefits of Hydrafacial, add-on treatments such as Healite II LED is recommended immediately after the treatment. Each treatment is between 30-40 minutes in duration.
What to expect immediately after the treatment
Depending on skin type, some patients may experience some redness or flushing but this is the extent of the downtime expected from the Hydrafacial treatment. Patients can go back to normal activities post treatment.
Most patients will instantly feel that their skin is smoother, brighter and cleaner immediately after the treatment. Enlarged pores may appear finer and skin will look and feel more hydrated. If you would like to, your dermal therapist can show you what’s been extracted from your skin after the treatment. It’s always good to know how much build up you have accumulated.
Who can’t have the Hydrafacial treatment?
- Hydrafacial is safe for all skin including darker skin types. Some care will be needed on skin suffering from severe acne, however this does not exclude them from having this treatment.
- Hydrafacial is not recommended for pregnant or lactating patients. Patients who are on certain medications such as Roaccutane will need to stop medication for six months before having
- Hydrafacial. Some people with certain allergies may also not be suitable to the treatment. Your dermal therapist will consult you and ascertain if this is the case.
Results and longevity
Post treatment, the skin will immediately look more hydrated, plumper and smoother. Pores may also appear more refined. These results may last up to 7 days after the initial Hydrafacial treatment. Monthly Hydrafacial treatments are recommended and results may last longer after each subsequent treatment. With more regular Hydrafacial treatments, skin will continue to get better. To continue to see the long term benefits of Hydrafacial, a good skincare routine will be prescribed your dermal therapist.
Leave a Comment